I am a Sweetheart to One and a Mommy to Four Loveable Babes, one of which is smiling down on us from Heaven. I am learning to dance in the rain. Come with me on my journey as I make the most out of Life's mud puddles.

Put on your rain boots. Great adventure lies ahead.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thirty Five



Tomorrow is my birthday. My 35th.

When I was a child, I thought I'd die by the time I was "that old."

When I was a teen, I thought 35 was a lifetime away.

When I was in my twenties, I thought I'd have life figured out by that point.

But - once in my thirties - I've realized that my life has just begun. I am just beginning to learn all that I need to learn. I am barely sensing what the Lord needs me to be. And what I DO experience means so much more because of the context that lies beneath.

I have never been a person concerned with aging. My mother gave me that gift. I own every year of my life and have tried to fully LIVE every season Life has offered me. I am not concerned about age spots, wrinkles, or sagging tummy skin. Each represent a memory, laughter or - one of Life's most sacred experiences - child birth. All beautiful things. Things that make me smile with gratitude.

I have loved this season of being a Mother of young children. Can it be monotonous and exhausting? Oh yes. But the joys . . . oh, the joys. There are none greater. I feel so blessed to be a Mother.

So, in honor of being alive, I am making a list of things I want to LIVE, EXPERIENCE and BE in 2012. I feel that the coming year will bring great blessings for our family. I sense healing, happiness, adventure, new beginnings, creative ventures, new friendships, service, growth and - hopefully - new additions.

So as I anticipate the celebrations of tomorrow, I will set some time aside to quietly sit and contemplate what I want to do, be, and become. In essence, what difference I will make in the world. Most of all, my own.

Every breath is a gift. And I will not waste one.

That is my Birthday Wish.

6 comments:

  1. I turned 32 today, so your post gave me some great food for thought! Happy Birthday to you, dear friend, and may 2012 be wonderful for you and yours! Your stamina and optimism inspire me! Thanks always!!
    Love Jenny B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Have a great 35!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to a beautiful, amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday - wishing you a year of laughter and love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have the happiest of birthdays and that all your wishes come true this year. Happy birthday. Hugs and loves. Love, Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda! I already know how amazing you are in our few short convos. I'm here for you! Xoxo Katie Hendrickson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of my journey. I appreciate your supportive and healing comments. Here's to a Promise of Sunshine!